Steve Harvey loves southern soul food! This week, he's teamed up with WE TV's 'Hustle and Soul' Chef Lawrence Page to show us how to make his amazing recipes, all bought with the Basket App. Never overpay for groceries again!
To download the Basket App, follow the link: https://basket.com/
Bourbon BBQ Wings Recipe
- 1Lb whole chicken wings
- 1/4 cup finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sazon con adobo
- 1/4 cup finely ground garlic powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3 cups of bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Kentucky bourbon
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a pot add vegetable oil and heat to 350
- In a medium sauce pot add bbq sauce brown sugar and bourbon and let simmer over low heat for about 15mins mixing occasionally.
- Add chicken, black pepper, sazon, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt to a bowl and mix and massage.
- Add buttermilk in a bowl
- Add flour to separate bowl
- After seasoning chicken dip in buttermilk then quickly cover in flour.
- immediately add to pot and fry wings until golden brown, for about 15 mins.
- Remove cooked wings from the pot and dredge in paper towels on a plate.
- Add dredged chicken wings to a mixing bowl, pour over your bbq sauce.
- Remove wings with sauce from bowl add to baking pan
- Bake wings in oven for about 10 mins