Steve Harvey loves southern soul food! This week, he's teamed up with WE TV's 'Hustle and Soul' Chef Lawrence Page to show us how to make his amazing recipes, all bought with the Basket App. Never overpay for groceries again!
To download the Basket App, follow the link: https://basket.com/
Holy Trinity Shrimp and Cheese Grits
- 1lb Large shrimp peeled and deveined raw unfrozen
- 1 Whole red bell pepper diced
- 1 whole medium sized red onion diced
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped
- 2 medium sized roma (plum) tomatoes chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 quarts water
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 1/2 cups of instant grits (preparation below)
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup smoked gouda
HOLY TRINITY SHRIMP PREPARATION
- In a medium saucepan add oil and heat over a medium fire.
- Add bell peppers, onions, garlic, celery, and tomatoes.
- Stir all together quickly for about 2 mins just to lightly brown veggies and garlic.
- lower heat to low and add shrimp and water
- Cover and let shrimp and veggies simmer for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally
- Once shrimp are completely cooked and veggies are soft remove from heat.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a large pot
- add 1/2 stick of butter
- add 3 pinches of salt
- pour in 3 1/2 cups of 2min grits while stirring, if not you will get lumpy grits
- Let grits simmer stirring every other min.
- Once creamy add parmesan cheese and gouda.
- Stir in cheese as it melts.
- Once all the cheese is melted and the grits are creamy add grits to bowls pour shrimp and sauce over grits and serve.