Steve Harvey loves southern soul food! This week, he's teamed up with WE TV's 'Hustle and Soul' Chef Lawrence Page to show us how to make his amazing recipes, all bought with the Basket App. Never overpay for groceries again!
To download the Basket App, follow the link: https://basket.com/
Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of 100% pure vanilla extract
- 2 dashes 100% pure lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2cups brown sugar
- 1 pie crust
- Lightly brush pie crust with butter
- preheat oven to 325 degrees, once warm add crust and brown for about 10 mins, after remove and leave to the side
- fill a large pot of water about 3/4 of the way and bring to a boil.
- Add whole sweet potatoes boil until potatoes are soft all the way through
- remove potatoes and let cool for about 25-30 mins
- cut the ends off potatoes and remove the fibrous strings by pulling the ends of the strings up and out
- Add potatoes, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, lemon extract, brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and whole eggs to mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients until creamy
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the crust and put into the oven for about 35-40 mins or until knife test is clean.
- let cool and cut and serve.