“Property Brothers”, Jonathan and Drew Scott - and we’re about to put their expertise to the test by answering some real estate and home design questions from our audience. Anabel and Mateo have opposing views on how to redecorate their bedroom, so Jonathan and Drew are here to help them.
it can be hard to agree on design and renovations. We’ve probably saved a lot of marriages, by taking the pressure out of the decision-making process. And the bedroom should be the place where you have peace and tranquility, and it should feel like that. Here's what they did.
- We’ve given you 2 small tables that are the same size to anchor out the space since this room is on the smaller side you don’t want to overcrowd the space with large furniture pieces.
- The one area that everyone can agree on is that people need a good night’s sleep, yet most couples spend their money everywhere else in the house except for their bed. Spend a few extra dollars to ensure you have a high-quality mattress since you spend a third of your life on it.
- Also, it’s important for both people using the room to feel comfortable in it. If he likes rustic or traditional, get some pieces like a reclaimed wood detailed dresser. If she like modern glam use some more vibrant colors or textures for the accent pillows or light fixtures. What we created for you here is a feature wall in the center of your room which is a great way to add texture to the room and it’s super easy to do this yourself.
- We’ve also mounted lighting fixtures by your bed. These are great in the bedroom when you just want a little more light, but you don’t want to disturb the other person. And, there’s a dual benefit with having these because they open up so much space since you don’t need lamps on the floor or on your side tables.
- And lastly, we’ve warmed up the space by adding pieces like the rug and some beautiful bedding and pillows. It’s always a great idea to invest in a few quality pieces that will be timeless in your room.
Jonathan and Drew also provided advice on how to add some value to your home while redecorating.
- First, we’ve added this crown molding since your ceilings are at a standard height. You wouldn’t want to do a thick crown because it would make the room feel smaller, so this size will add the perfect height to your room. Buyers love this feature and it also creates a wow factor. This can make the difference in a buyer choosing your home or another one in your neighborhood.
- And believe it or not, a neutral paint color is always the way to go when you’re thinking of putting your house on the market.
- Also, I noticed you had a lot of clutter in the room. That’s a big no, no. Buyers like to assess space and storage area for their belongings, so always focus on decluttering a room before you sell.
- We also noticed that you have an old -built-in closet, remove that and do a standard full height closet.
- And lastly, those hardwood floors you have are a buyer’s dream, so you already have value in this room. Just keep them up, treat them once a year and when you’re ready to sell you won’t have to do a lot of work to refinish the floors.
That not all, Steve Harvey reached out to his friends at Bed, Bath and Beyond and they are giving Anable and Mateo $5,000 gift card to finish off their bedroom renovation!
Special thanks to Bed Bath and Beyond for partnering with us.